squirrel water bomb

A squirrel and two ring neck doves were monopolizing the bird feeder this morning. When I went to shoo them off they all sat there staring at me with unblinking eyes, like ... what? who me? Basically giving me the finger. The doves throw the seed off the feeder and the squirrel sits on the ground vacuuming everything up. They have a nice relationship.

When the squirrel wouldn't budge in spite of my noise I came up with an attack plan. The very low tech, but effective squirrel water bomb is made of an empty, plastic bottle filled 1/2 way with water. The lid is left off so that there is a nice stream of water flying out when you launch it at your target from off the deck. Everyone scattered in 3 different directions when I threw my first bomb. Success!

Lucky for us we don't recycle regularly, so there is a large supply of ammo in the kitchen. One has to remember to go out and pick up used water bombs so that the yard doesn't end up looking like Billy Jo-Bob's landfill.

No comments: