Going outside

I took my little friend outside today to enjoy some bright sunshine that was peeking between the dark gray clouds. She really enjoyed it and wasn't worried at all, in fact she ruffled up so much she reminded me of a little puffer fish all inflated. She basked for a little while even raising her wings but not fully extending them. Then the first airplane flew over and that made her wary, then another one flew over a few minutes later and it was much closer to the house, so that pretty much broke the calm we had. Still, she wasn't very worried so that's a good sign. I took her back in while it was still a nice experience for her.

I'm working on touching her all over her body, under her wings, to prepare her for wearing the harness. I want to introduce it to her over time so it won't worry her and then we can look forward to regular outings.

No comments: